Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So... I deleted my space, and you know what that means:

I need somewhere to write! So here I am. I had this nifty journal that i was writing in, but it's been put on the shelf until my special someone gives it back to me. Until then, it's the world wide web (who calls it that anymore?!) for me. So my heart is excited today. Joined with hundreds of thousands of believers in my state we pray and fast and cry out on behalf of our country and state. But I think the most exciting thing for me is what is happening in my heart. I found a document at the call website about purity; I was convicted (Click Here for the Call).
I feel convicted because my heart is not pure, not like Jesus requires anyway. I know there is no way to be perfect, that's the reason Jesus came in the first place, but my desire is to live a sinless life, wholly dedicated to the Lord and totally sold out for the Kingdom. But I haven't been as diligent as I know I should be. I am convicted to live a life that I haven't been living. Is it too late? Can I live the life I should and want to? What about now? How about today?
Life has been easy for me. My parents have worked hard and they have provided for nearly every need. The only hardship (nearly) has been self-inflicted and self-preserved. I don't need to enumerate the ways that i have shot myself in the foot, but here I am. I try very hard to work hard and be a good man. I try very hard to be faithful and loyal and true to the cause of Christ. The hard reality is that in all my trying and striving, I can't get the job done, and it is only by amazing grace (as we sing) that I am given access to the Father.
So now, I fast and pray with thousands of others, joined in one epic chorus to the Father; PLEASE HELP US!! We are desperate. We are tearing down the alters of our fathers. We are burning the idols of our generation. I am burning the bridges to anywhere away from you. Is it now? Should I be extreme? Should I be wild? Where are the men of the Bible? Where are the women of Acts? Why don't we see healing and miracles? My Father please speak to me, I long to hear your voice and be captivated by you once again.
What alters have our fathers set up? To "security" in government entities and leaders. To money and wealth. Alters they have bowed down to worship their heritage and family linage. Alters of power and prestige. What idols have my generation worshiped? Fame and fortune. Beauty and hedonism. Sexuality has become our identity. Rebellion and independence have fueled our fires rather than humility and dependence on the Lord. God forgive us.
Help me stand strong and live by the boundaries YOU set for me. Help me to be a man and lead with integrity and honor. Help me God to serve you because I love you, not the approval of my peers. God I want to be honest and true, not just with my words, but with my thoughts and motivation as well.
Lord help me to build alters to you with the sacrifice of my life as the worship and incense that rises to your holy hill. God as we tear down the idols of our generation God help us to replace the vacuum with your creativity and blessing. As the idols of Hollywood are TORN DOWN, I pray for the broken lives and lost souls who NEED your touch Jesus. Lord as I am humbled under your hand, help me to sin no more and live as your son lived. Thanks. Jesus Thank you. Your will be done in my life. Your will be done in my city. Your will be done in my friends. Your Will.

No comments: