Friday, October 31, 2008

Today...

I feel weird. I don't know if it's the lack of sleep, the lack of food, or the combination of both, but I feel off. Last night the prayer meeting was very good. Our old friend George spoke, and he spoke of justice, the Justice God brings. He spoke against Roe V. Wade and the murder of millions of babies since January 22, 1973. He spoke out against the supreme court judges who, from the bench, make laws- not interpret the law as they were directed to do.
I could not help but say thank you to the Lord for NOT being aborted. Think about it, you may well not be here if your mother had chosen to kill you while you were still forming in her belly. My own mother must have contemplated the difficulty of trying to raise me alone and I am sure that she had considered how much easier it would have been if she just made that ball of flesh disappear. How much easier would her life had been if I wasn't there to hold her back. How much easier would college have been for a young single mother if she didn't have to lug this baby around on her hip. How much easier would it have been to simply make that problem disappear. I for one am glad that I wasn't made to disappear. I for one am glad that MY mother gave me life.
Think for one moment about the MILLIONS who started life JUST LIKE YOU, but they were not given the chance for life. Of course those millions that have been aborted were just balls of flesh right? Just DNA balled up in a womb? At what point does DNA flesh turn into a human in your eyes? When you can measure a heartbeat? When brain waves can be detected? When the hands can be seen? After only ONE month all organs are distinct in the embryo of our children. After 2 months fingers are present, after 3 months our children have their own unique fingerprints. So at what point do embryos become babies?
Then a gentleman name Eddie spoke (actually he spoke before George did), and this one really touched my heart because he was full of zeal and passion. He goes to school at UCSD, and has for four years. He stood and spoke with passion and conviction. I wanted to go ask him, how do you hold on to your zeal? How does the conviction that you speak with stay with you?
I feel like I used to speak with that sort of conviction. I used to feel the fire of God burning in my heart and, while I know God is still there, I don't feel that same burning conviction. Of course I know the answer. I know why the fire doesn't burn quite so hot. It's because of compromise in my life. I have allowed my eyes to witness things that have dampened my spirit. I have sinned and that has grieved the Holy Spirit.
Lord, send your fire on my heart and breath new life into me. I want to burn with holy fire and you are the only one who can give it to me. I want to see the world like you see the world, and only your eyes will do Father. Today is your day. This country is yours and I cry out Father for your touch. I pray for more that religious zeal, I pray for a Moses encounter Lord! You have brought me this far, you have protected me and saved me from myself and the world. Please now reveal yourself to me I pray. I love you God. More of you.

No comments: